The first functional user affordance

 

Play this Version

 

The initial game messaging was provided in console logging, I told SwiftCoder messages need to be visible to users in the web browser.  The next option that it coded used a modal pop-up, which is nice, but doesn’t allow future CSS styling and layout control. It took several rounds of updates before we got to a place where we could trigger different messages for different events.

 

Once I had determined the ways to time the message display to key moments in the gameplay, I had to work hard to maintain the code.  As new game message triggers were added, the conditional logic became bloated and required the first big code refactoring.

Category
Tags

Comments are closed

Recent Posts
Recent Comments
    Categories
    0:00
    0:00